11.10.08

my perfect walk home

my walk home last night was truly amazing.

while i was at work an incredible storm rolled over mhaswad… booming thunder, crazy lightning, heavy winds and rain. i waited for it to settle down and then set out on my walk home.

nothing makes me feel more peaceful than walking in the rain.

it was somewhere between a drizzle and steady rain- hard enough for people to rush home wearing raincoats or using umbrellas, yet light enough for me to walk without scrunching my head and shoulders like a turtle. because everyone was ducking for cover i didn’t have to awkwardly refuse anyone’s generous offer to drive me home.

the temperature was just comfortable enough and the wind was just powerful enough to slightly cool me off. i could lift my head towards the sky and let the rain wash away the dirt and dust that inevitably sticks to you during the sweaty sunny heat of the day.

and just as i turned onto the dirt road and began walking through the fields, a very subtle rainbow appeared. the rain reduced to a drizzle and in the distance beyond the rainbow i could see fierce purplish blue horizontal bolts of lightning electrified by shimmering gold clouds. it was the most beautiful sky i’ve ever seen.

the pointing and laughing made it obvious to me that the locals thought i was crazy, but i was beyond the threshold of caring.

the only thing i felt was pure… simple… bliss

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Suzanne

It is amazing all these experiences you have, and I would like to see this beautifull sky you have seen. I can understand that it is marvelous to walk through the rain when it is not cold.
But you also have to take good care off yourself and better sit on a motorbike with each legg on one site.
I will try to sent you some pictures of Joost on his new motorbike.
Dear Suzanne, enjoy it all and take good care...
Marjan Huls

Lady Lust said...

sounds lovely suz!!
the weather here in DC has been its usual fickle self and i have suffered seasonal allergies and battled a sinus cold because of it...i can't complain though...

i was JUST thinking about how i could really do with a "star wars" marathon...go figure. miss you!

feeling like i'm in a GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY,

*__* nads