3.9.08

Nostalgia

India has its own unique scent. It certainly isn't bad, and although I wouldn't call it pleasant either I somehow find myself drawn to it.

People say that smell is the sense most strongly tied to memory. The fact that I was going to be living in India for 10 months didn't really set in until I stepped out of the airport, took a deep breath of the Delhi air, and was flooded with wonderful memories from last summer. To most people the thought of Delhi air probably sounds repulsive but to me it's strangely comforting.

I'm here, I'm safe, and I feel invigorated!

Much love <3

5 comments:

Tom said...

Life is an adventure. Grab on to it.
and experience it all

Tom and Nancy

Lady Lust said...

so glad you got there safe and sound suz!! take pictures and post them up soon!! good luck settling in! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Suzanne!
Sounds like you are off and running. I have confidence you will excel at whatever you choose to do. Enjoy the journey!
Cheers,
Ginny

Anonymous said...

You are a lovely young woman! Love, Grandma

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about. I still have flashbacks to India when I catch certain scents here in the US...Especially certain "spicy" cologne and that whole warm, slightly sweet/rotten smell that I'm still occasionally fond of. Burroughs wrote a bunch about these smells in his novel "Cities of the Red Night"...my favorite thing he's written.