31.10.09

Two New Friends

Friend One
Last night there was a very loud pooja. Our landlord and her large family set up shop on our porch, set off crazy firecrackers, fireworks, and noisemakers, and then invited us outside for celebration. This, sadly, was our first interaction with our landlord as we had miraculously never seen her and nobody introduced us. Now we have an open invitation for lunch or dinner, or to learn Kannada (the local language). I love how you can go from not knowing someone to fast friends in an instant. It's great!


Friend Two
This one's for Dad. I walked out of a store the other day to a beautiful beagle tied up to a railing. He was clean, adorable, extremely friendly, and made me unbelievably happy. My plan for the evening was to go straight home and get to bed (I was exhausted), but as soon as I saw those soft perky ears and eager eyes, I had to stop and play with him for 1/2 hour (until his owner came out and took him home). People were walking by and looking at me like I was totally nuts, but that sweet little beagle made my week.


Next time I'm going to follow the owner home and ask for some QT with the playful pup :)

No comments: