7.3.10

Home Sweet Home


After 1 ½ years I finally got the chance to go home thanks to India’s new visa regulations. Here are some of the highlights!

7. Going to the Dentist
Yes, it had been 1 ½ years, and yes, there are good dentists in India, but there’s nothing like getting your teeth cleaned in an environment that feels familiar.  

6. Driving the Car While Listening to Really Bad Pop Music
There’s just something liberating about it!

5.  Watching the Olympics
I wouldn’t have had the opportunity in India!

4. Wearing my Red Bathrobe
For years my family has made fun of this household staple to my wardrobe. I made sure it got plenty of Suzanne-love when I was home.

3. Winter
It’s been 2 years since I’ve experienced real winter. Lucky for me, there was snow on the ground and a bite in the air when I first arrived. We even had a nice snowstorm during my second week home- there’s nothing like waking up in the morning, looking out my back window, and seeing a wintery palace of snow in our woods. I even got to wear winter clothes! 


2. The Food
I arrived armed with a list of goodies I had been missing for 1 ½ years. Some of my favorites: lobster, strawberry rhubarb pie, lemon meringue pie, chocolate chip cookies, broccoli, salads, brussel sprouts, and halibut. My family was awesome enough to make sure I checked everything off my list and then some!


1.  Seeing my Family, Friends, and Eugene!
My trip home included a lot of quality time with my family, a trip down to DC to visit my friends and Aunt Nancy and Uncle Tom, spending a few days with my grandma, dinner with two college professors, and helping adjust Julia’s new dog, Eugene, to the family. He’s a 9 year old beagle who has never really had a home his whole life; I wish I could have packed him in a suitcase and brought him back with me! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was great to see you Suzanne, and glad you made it back to India. Stay safe!
Love you - Auntie Sussy