18.10.08

'tis a sad, sad day in mhaswad

Mhaswad has no power for 14 hours each day. Both the house and my office are hooked up to generators, but these generators are not entirely reliable. Each day the power and the backup generators repeatedly shut off, and since a working battery for my laptop is currently in the mail, my computer also randomly shuts off.

Today, Mhaswad’s power fluctuations have finally (and tragically) caught up with me.

My laptop wasn’t working this morning.
The computer guy took one look at it, determined what was wrong, and fixed it :)

But... my hard drive- GONE!

This is a farewell to the college work, photos, and music that I had not yet backed up... it will be sorely missed :(

2 comments:

Lady Lust said...

oh no suz! i am so sorry!!

Kirsten said...

OMG!!! So so so sorry to hear about the loss of your HD! ;(